SHARE THIS EPISODE
YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS TOP PERFORMERS: The 5 Do’s and 5 Don’ts to manage and retain your best employees
In this episode, Albert and Neil go through 5 Do’s and 5 Don’ts to manage and retain your best employees.
Drawing on research from various sources including the Harvard Business Review, HR Specialist literature and their own experience the Leadership Detectives explain why your business needs top performers and why you should work hard to keep them.
1. Give them interesting and challenging work
2. Give them clear defined goals and expectations
3. Give them regular feedback
4. Create a path for development and growth
5. Recognise their performance
1. Avoid dealing with low performers
2. Hang on to star performers
3. Reshape your business around a top performer
4. Only focus on your best people
5. forget that not all top performers are young!
Albert is keen to share his learnings from climbing the leadership ladder from Team Leader to Manager to Executive over a 30+ year career in corporate IT Services. His experience includes being the formally appointed leader of teams as small as 10 and businesses in excess of 1,200 employees, whilst also voluntarily being mentor to existing Managers/Executives looking to improve/progress and Professionals aspiring to leadership.
Neil is passionate about leadership and enabling people to be the best leaders they can be. After 30 years leading small and large national and global teams for a large corporate, he has spent the past 5 years helping companies from many industries and of every size to shape and develop their businesses and leaders.